CAPstone Fall 2021
The Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) is the most comprehensive certification available to administrative professionals.
CAPstone Fall 2021 is 100% virtual and offers two specialty certificate courses (one brand new!) and one brand-new core certificate course. All three courses are asynchronous, with the exception of one weekly one-hour virtual Zoom call with your facilitator and cohort peers.
Course materials are all available through [email protected], our online learning portal. All courses also include a virtual Meet & Greet that provides space for you to meet your facilitator and course peers with an overview of the course rhythm and expectations.
Courses are open to all administrative professionals but spaces are limited to ensure personalized learning, so register early!
Find out more & Register!
Starts on September 13, 2021
Ends on November 1, 2021
(see specific details and dates and times of once-weekly live calls on each of the specific registration links)
Pricing of specialty certificate courses
IAAP Members – $750
Nonmembers – $900
Includes all course materials – no additional fees are required
Not an IAAP member?
Meeting and Event Planning Specialty Certificate Course
Jessie States, CMP, CMM, is the Director of the MPI Academy for Meeting Professionals International, where she leads and advances MPI’s professional development strategy, developing and managing MPI’s portfolio of educational products delivered through all channels, including live and digital events, educational experiences, administrative professional certificate programs and through educational partnerships. Read more…
Business Writing Specialty Certificate Course
John has spent his career in leadership roles in Consumer Insights/Market Research at Bayer Consumer Health and American Express, after starting on the advertising agency side with Publicis (formerly DMB&B). During his corporate career, John created and led training sessions on Marketing Excellence, Insights Development, Market Research for Marketers, and Coaching and Developing Others. Read More…
Providing Virtual Support Core Certificate Course
Dionne founded The Zeva Group (along with her husband). She started providing remote support to companies, contractors, non-profit organizations, and entrepreneurs in 2007—before the terms “VA or OBM” was really a thing. While during that time she has taken on full-time consulting contracts, she loves seeing the fruits of my labor, a little more up close and personal. The Zeva Group is a little different than other VA & OBM groups. Read More…
Participants have 3 options to choose from at Virtual CAPstone 2021:
Join us for this eight-week online specialty in meeting and event planning, developed in partnership with industry leader Meeting Professionals International (MPI). Begin with a focus on defining meeting goals and objectives and stakeholder needs before learning how to develop a budget, create a blueprint, manage RFPs and develop contracts. Then, discover how to manage speakers and content, plan menus, design room sets, arrange transport and oversee logistics. Finally, discover how to evaluate the success of your meeting or event, communicate success and improve your meetings over time.
Throughout the course, you will work on an individual project utilizing your new skills that will culminate in a project paper. The Meeting and Event Planning (MEP) Specialty Certificate verifies you have the skills necessary to plan meetings and events for your organization that drive value and create successful outcomes for your business.
- Identify stakeholders and define SMART goals and objectives for your meetings
- Source venues, vendors, speakers, and content for your events
- Design experiences that deliver value for your organization
- Oversee onsite logistics during the execution of your meeting
- Measure results and demonstrate business value and improve your meeting over time
In this interactive, 8-week course, you’ll learn strategies to plan, write, and revise a variety of your own business documents, including emails, memos, and letters. The course will also cover grammar basics and the skills needed to edit and proofread the work of others with whom you work. You’ll have ample opportunities to apply concepts to exercises during the course while getting facilitator feedback.
- Using problem-solving strategies in writing
- Applying critical thinking to solve the writing problem
- Analyzing readers and determining objectives
- Using organization to guide readers
- Creating flow and using logic
- Structuring sentences and paragraphs according to how readers read
- Grammar 101
- Using language effectively
- Developing effective proofreading/editing strategies
- Writing effective emails
- Using the subject line to your advantage
- Writing concise memos
- Writing the various types of business letters
- Effective copyediting
- Effective proofreading
- Course recap
- Course assessment
- Explain the importance of analyzing audience and purpose
- Create useful writing strategies
- Evaluate and modify language use in business documents
- Write more effective emails, business letters, and business reports
- Demonstrate various copy editing and proofreading techniques
- Understand grammar basics and apply them to all phases of writing, editing, and proofreading
- Writing the various types of business letters
- Grammar 101
- Learn how to work to your strengths in a virtual environment
- Develop skills to keep the “team” environment
- Gain knowledge of the systems used by virtual professionals to keep work flowing
- Have a documented back-up plan so things keep moving
- Create an environment for successful virtual work
- Week 1: Professional appearance still matters!
- Week 2: Team Building in a Virtual atmosphere
- Week 3: Accountability & Scheduling
- Week 4: The Apps and Systems you can’t work without
- Week 5: What happens when life happens? Developing the backup plan for your backup plan
- Week 6: Virtual Communications – How to communicate when you can’t see your team, and they can’t see you
- Week 7: Creating an Environment for Success – Part 1 – Stress management and relief, self-care, and Boundaries
- Week 8: Creating an Environment for Success – Part II – Your physical space
FALL 2021 COMING SOON!
RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
Executive Administrator/Special Assistant to President/CEO National Alliance for Caregiving
This administrative professional certificate was very informing and engaging. It allowed me to think outside the box and become more involved at work with the information that I was receiving from the facilitator. The information confirmed some of the information that I learned over the years, as well as think of new ideas to incorporate in my daily responsibilities. This course has given me additional confidence in my ability to excel and strive to become a great asset to my organization. I was able to ask any questions and was provided with excellent responses. This course is worth taking and the case studies were a hit.
Administrative Coordinator Mercy Hospital
CAPstone takes your professional development to the next level by providing education that is relevant and by presenting opportunities to develop initiatives and strategies that can be immediately applied in the workplace. The learning environment is one that naturally lends itself to active participation and engagement by all attendees, creating a community that encourages growth and commits to be being a supportive resource for the future.
Sr. Executive Assistant to the CLO at Hawaiian Airlines, Inc.
The final assessment was a real-life situation and how you were going to solve it using the knowledge gained in the past 8 weeks. I have never taken a more hands-on course where you could see how you could see solutions to problems in your current job every week.